Slackery News Tidbits: Golden Hornet at Alamo, 'Goat' in NYC
We have lots of news and events information for you today, and only one of these items is part of Fantastic Fest -- okay, maybe two. Remember to keep an eye on our Event Calendar if you want all the details about upcoming events.
- Cabin Fever 2 plays Alamo Ritz this Wednesday, Sept. 23, with many cast members in attendance. It's an Austin School of Film fundraiser screening, sponsored in part by Fantastic Fest.
- Film and video artist Luke Savisky and Golden Hornet Project’s Graham Reynolds and Peter Stopschinski, will perform live as part of the Fantastic Fest opening night festivities. Graham and Peter will improvise music to live projections from Savisky onto the front facade of the Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar on Thursday, Sept. 24 at 9:30 pm.
- Austin film and SXSW selection Artois the Goat -- cast and crew shown above -- will have its New York premiere at the Friars Club Comedy Film Festival on Sept. 25.
- Another local business presents a free movie series, this time the new Brevita coffee and smoothie trailer on South Lamar. Their series starts on October 8 with Little Shop of Horrors.
- Tickets are now available for Austin Film Festival's 7th Annual Film & Food event at the Driskill, with proceeds to benefit AFF's Young Filmmakers Program. The gala fundraiser takes place on the night before AFF starts, Oct. 21, so you can start your fest partying early.
- The second annual TXMPA Spaghetti Western will be on November 1 this year.